REDUCING OUR CO2 EMISSIONS BY CONCRETE ACTIONS
In the context of the FAGUO mission, we have set up a three-part approach to fight, at our level, against global warming to make fashion also mean “being responsible”. After measuring our CO2 emissions thanks to the carbon footprint realized by the Goodplanet Foundation, we set up real actions to continually work on reducing our carbon footprint. To anticipate the day when we will no longer be able to significantly reduce our emissions, we compensate by planting trees, the third and final step of the FAGUO approach.
Since 2009, we have reduced our emissions by taking actions whose results we could see in our carbon footprint. While a product emitted, on the average, a 9kg equivalent of CO2 when the brand was created, five years later, in 2015, it emitted 30% less or only a 6kg equivalent of CO2.
In 2020, our ambition is to reduce this amount to 4kg emissions of CO2. This positive evolution of our products’ CO2 emissions encourages us to innovate and set up more responsible, sustainable solutions. But there are still limits to our ambitions. To know more.
THE DECREASE OF CO2 EMISSIONS BEGINS IN OUR OFFICE AND BOUTIQUES
- The energy used in our boutiques and at FAGUO headquarters is green. This means it is 100% renewable. To guarantee this, we chose to work with ENERCOOP. To know more.
- On July 1st 2019, FAGUO transferred its headquarters from Paris to Nantes. Our team moved into the ZERO NEWTON building in the creative Ile de Nantes neighborhood behind the famous Nantes machines. The building has an A category classification in terms of its CO2 greenhouse gas emissions. To know more.
- The life of our team is at the origin of 15% of our CO2 To reduce our emissions, every small action plays a role in our fight against global warming. Thus we:
- Sort our daily waste thanks to “SOLUTIONS RECYCLAGE” that sorts waste to the end of the recycling process
- Recycle our coffee capsules
- Boycott plastic cups and tableware
- Work on desks that are 62% recycled and will be 98% recyclable
Discover our Nantes offices in images
- Our servers are powered by 100% renewable energy. Our partner for this is IKOULA. Our company is engaged on different scales to reduce our impact on the planet.
- Recycling terminals are available in all our boutiques and at the FAGUO headquarters. The reuse of materials after recycling lets us avoid overproducing raw materials, the principal source of FAGUO’s CO2 To know more.
MANUFACTURING IS AT THE HEART OF OUR ACTIONS TO REDUCE OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
- The materials we use are the source of most of our CO2 They respect European standards like REACH and some materials like leather are washed without using chromium(VI).
- We also work to create our new collections from recycled materials. Progressively, we introduce these materials in the composition of our pieces while guaranteeing their sturdiness and FAGUO’s graphic identity. In 2024, we plan to have 100% of our products be made with recycled materials to drastically reduce our CO2 To know more.
- Our workshops in Asia are BSCI certified (Business Social Compliance Initiative). This means that a very strict regulation is enforced on the social aspects of each workshop. For us, this certification guarantees a local environmental and social respect that is essential for our global commitment. To know more.
- All FAGUO packaging provided to customers in our boutiques and on the internet is made of 100% recycled materials that can be entirely recycled afterwards. To learn more about FAGUO packaging.
HOW CAN WE IMPROVE OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT LINKED TO SHIPPING?
At the beginning of 2019, we shipped 15% of our production by train. This represents one-fifth of the pollution caused by the boat shipping we had used previously. In comparison, this means we are economizing on 60.000 kg of CO2 or 750 round-trips by car from Paris to Marseille!
As of the summer of 2019, we became one of the brands that use the train line linking China to Europe. From now on, 50% of our products will be shipped by train. To know more.
WHAT WE MUST KEEP IN MIND
Operational and strategic choices at FAGUO are made everyday by creating a carbon addition in the form of a question: What are the good operations for the company and our planet? We drive those actions with a 5-year roadmap for every subject involved in our activity. We still have progress to make to reduce our CO2 emissions even more.